Improving your Listing
Learn how to improve your listing at scoutplex.com
High-quality photos are a great way to showcase your film location, set filmmakers’ expectations, and increase bookings. To help, we offer free professional photography for hosts in some cities.
Here are a few tips for taking your own photos:
- Resolution matters—take photos that are at least 1024 x 683px. When in doubt, a bigger photo is better.
- Take your photos in landscape format. Vertical photos won’t showcase your space as well.
- Light up the room and take photos during the daytime.
- Before taking photos, clean your space and remove any clutter. This will help make your listing more inviting.
- Highlight unique amenities. Guests love to stay in spaces with character.
- The more photos you have, the more people will want to browse them. Always include photos of your listing’s exterior, too.
To optimize your listing for Scoutplex’s internal search, as well as for major search engines like Google and Bing, make sure to do the following:
1. Include potential search terms in your title and description. Think about how people search for film location in a city. Include detailed descriptions of major features of your property that might interest people looking for film locations.
2. Set a competitive rates and update your calendar often. Take a look at what other renters in your area are charging and use a similar price. It’s a good idea as a new renter to start off at a slightly lower rate, then raise it as you get more reviews.
3. Complete each section of your listing and your Scoutplex profile. Utilize all of the areas available to manage your listing. Lay out specific request for the scouters, and upload high-quality photos. In addition, you may be able to request professional photography.
4. Use social media and the Web. Make sure to “tweet”, “like” and “+1” your page, and don’t be shy asking your friends to help! Get your listing’s URL from the address bar on your public page. If you or your friends have websites, be sure to provide the link there. Relevant links to your listing from other websites can help you rank higher in major search engines.
5. Invite friends to join Scoutplex. If you have friends that have a unique property that you think it belongs in scoutplex, let them know about it. If there is a great variety of film locations, scouters have an easier time searching for their film location.
Anyone can share a listing they like on different social media platforms—including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest. If you’re a renter, sharing your listing through these services may help you reach people beyond those searching on Scoutplex.
You can find available sharing options below the Location Description button on a listing’s page. To share a listing, just click the appropriate icon.